SPOT is the world's first satellite messenger. It uses the GPS satellite system to determine your exact location, and communications satellites to transmit that information. SPOT gives peace of mind by allowing you to notify your chosen recipient or a GEOS International Emergency Response Centre of your location via Google Maps, and to send for assistance in times of need around the world.
- CHECK IN - SPOTchecking - use this feature to let your SPOTteam know that all is well, notify them of your location, or save waypoints so you can review your route at a later date.
- TRACK PROGRESS - SPOTcasting - use this feature to send your location to your SPOT account every 10 minutes so your SPOTtem can follow your progress in real time, or save waypoints so you can view your full route at a later date.
- ASK FOR HELP - Use this option in the event of a non-life-threatening situation to notify your SPOTteam - the friends/family/colleagues you have chosen to notify - that you need assistance.
- ALERT 9-1-1 - Use this option in the event of a life threatening or other critical emergency. The Emergency Response Centre notifies the appropriate emergency responders based on your location and personal information - which may include local police, highway patrol, the Coast Guard, your country's embassy or consulate, or other emergency response or search & rescue teams - as well as contacting the primary and secondary emergency contact numbers you have entered in the SPOT web service.
Powered by Google Maps
When SPOT sends a text or email message to one of your contacts or to a GEOS Internal 9-1-1 Emergency Response Centre, it includes your exact coordinates and a web link to view your location using Google Maps.
GEOS offers an entire world of best of breed services that encompass security, safety and reliable communications for corporations as well as domestic and international travellers. The GEOS program is delivered through a fusion of state-of-the-art technology with the unparalleled experience of the very best and most highly respected experts in the fields of international personal & corporate protection and communications. See www.geosalliance.com for further details of the services.
Technical specification & features
Battery life and usage:
- Power ON, unused: Approx. 1yr
- SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14days
- 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
- HELP mode: up to 1900 messages
- SPOTcheck mode: up to 1900 messages
Operating conditions and climate:
- SPOT floats, but the SPOT logo needs to be facing the sky for the unit to work
- Waterproof to a depth of 1m for up to 30mins
- Operating temperatures: -4°C to 85°C
- Operating altitude: -90m to +6450m
- Humidity and Salt Fog Rated
- OSHA Certified Intrinsically Safe to Class 1, Division 1, Group A-D standards